Friday, January 25, 2008

Review of Dragon Wars

I've been waiting to see this movie since it came out in September, but I missed my chance. Wasn't in the theaters long. Anyway, I finally got off of my fat ass, went to Blockbuster and got it yesterday.

First off, the first thing I saw when I watched this film was that it had a definite Korean feel to it. Every scene looked like it could have been perfectly filmed as an anime. Although the script the actors had to say was crap, I think they all pulled it off. At the same time, this looked like a Sci-fi Saturday movie, with new characters coming in just to get eaten or shot and never showing up again. In addition to that, I can't believe how badly they screwed up US millitary tactics. In the scene where the M-1 Abrams tanks are going up against the giant ground dragons, they each form up into two neat straight lines and start firing at around 100 yards, missing nearly every shot. The A-1 can hit a person at a mile and a half! God... On the upside, if you... well, don't close your eyes, that defeats the whole purpose. But if you pretend really hard that this is an anime, I'm sure that it'll be a lot more appealing to you.

Final score 7/10 See it if you're into dragons, or like Korean films.

Hentai forever,

Kyouger.

No comments: