Monday, June 9, 2008

Lolicon. Why, exactly?

Hey, all. I've been pretty bored lately, so that's given me a lot of time to think. And as we all know, thinking is bad, children!

If you've paid close enough attention, you'd probably know that I like lolicon immensely. Hell, my first M rated fic (off the site) was an UruruxRukia, and my first actual fic was going to be a TophxKatara. Even though I love it to bits, the question that kept creeping its way into my mind was why exactly I like it. I thought I could easily answer that, but I found that I couldn't. This got me started thinking about why lolicon is attractive to so many people. I mean, I'm not a pedophile or a child molester (And if you are, eat shit and die), but I still harbor and attraction to the younger members of the opposite gender.

As of 2004, the Supreme Court officially declared that banning lolicon was unconstitutional. I'm not exactly sure of its legal status now, but I'm pretty sure George Dubuya Bush outlawed it in the US, though it may depend on the situation it's presented in.

What's most odd about this is that I'm attracted to the small, childish, flat-chested animated girl as much as the 18 year old DD one. I suppose both of these aspects came into play with Tsunade, though it did kind of turn her into a Frankenstein of fetishes.

I've come up with a couple theories as to why I and many others are attracted to it. I think part of it comes from early childhood experiences. Think about it; when was the first time you were attracted to a girl? My first crush was in 1st grade, so naturally when I think about it, I'm thinking of the girl as she was at 6 or 7 years old. Thinking that would usually be considered pedophilia, as you're not supposed to harbor feelings for someone that young. So perhaps, looking back, I see many of the other girls as much better looking than I did then, and perhaps what I missed out on. Still, this may not be exactly why I came to lolicon, or why so many others are.

The second idea may have to deal with genetics. Trust me, I'm not a scientist, and I haven't cracked the human gene code, but from what I've heard, many of our personality traits simply come from inherited genes or mutations in DNA. Hell, this is really off the wall, and I'll admit that I have no clue if any of this is true or not.

Another thing that comes to mind as I'm writing this is Valamir Nabokov's novel Lolita, which the word lolicon is deprived from. Humbert (The main protagonist), due to an affair he had with a fouteen year old in school, is now extremely attracted to nyphets, as he calls them. This locks in with my other theories. Perhaps it was a combination of both genetics and early childhood experiences that drove him to chase after Lolita.

Even with all of this thinking, I'm still not exactly sure why I've become attracted to lolicon. Hell, I may never know. But I can still wonder, I suppose. Oh well.

Hentai (And lolicon) forever,
Kyouger.

P.S: I finally got Xbox Live! Though I may not be on it for a while (Problems at home; I'll make a blog post with more info when I get it.), you can add me if you wish. My gamertag is simply Kyouger. Keeps it simple.

As my friend byakuganwalker puts it,
P-E-A-C-E!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, lolicon, that's an interesting subject, one I'm not sure I understand myself. Personally, I can say I don't have a loli complex or at least not a very strong one.

Little girls are definitely cute and there is something erotic in the perversion of innocence, but I'll without question lust after a woman with a fully matured mind and body before I do a child. With Bleach for example (since it has a lot of definite loli characters), I see no reason to lust after Yachiru when I could lust after Rangiku, same with Yuzu and Orihime, Karin and Kukaku, Ururu and Nemu, and Nell and Neliel (gotta love characters with both loli and non-loli forms). For me there is a definite different in the appeal of cute little girls and sexy adult women. That said I can fully comprehend that others may be different in that regard.

Your theories seem logical to me. I'm not a psychologist or a geneticist but the idea that experiences and genetic dispositions come into play in deciding if we have particular fetishes seems to make sense. Other things I can see maybe adding to the arousal of some would be the juxtaposition of purity and perversion, or maybe it could work, like many other fetishes, on some sort of morality corruption, as in you find it arousing because you know you shouldn't (incest, for example).